Wednesday, January 19, 2011

VIDEO: Jurco delivers in skills competition


Facing some pressure to come through with an unreal shootout move, Tomas Jurco delivered.

The Saint John Sea Dogs’ Slovakian star won the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Skills Competition’s ‘Showdown Breakaway Challenge’ with a spin-o-ramo lacrosse like goal that left the thousands few fans in attendance stunned.

Terry Doyle of the OHL blog 'Loose Pucks' describes the details:

"He successfully executed the lacrosse-style scoop up the puck, spinerrama goal. But it was one of his moves that did not result in a goal that had many saying 'What was that?' Jurco scooped the puck onto the blade of his stick, parallel to the ice. Then he flipped the puck into the air, flipped his stick and caught the puck on the shaft. Jurco could have stopped his attempt right there and it would have been extremely impressive. Unfortunately he did not score."
Even some of the moves he didn’t score on are quite impressive to say the least.



"I don’t know if I would be gutsy enough to pull them off the way he does,” said Jurco’s teammate Zach Phillips, as Sunaya Supurji tweeted.

Jurco told Yahoo! Sports this yesterday:

“Not everything I do in practice I can do in a game. Unless I’m 100 percent sure (I can score), I won’t try it in a game,” said Jurco of his spectacular skills. “I’ve been doing some of these moves, like that spin-o-rama, for years so I was sure I could do it. If I’m not going to score, it doesn’t matter what I do."
So will we eventually see his lacrosse spin move in game action? If so, getcha popcorn ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment