The Saint John Sea Dogs are ranked second in the Canadian Hockey League again this week. The latest edition of the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings were released today.
The Sea Dogs had an okay week, playing two games over the weekend at Harbour Station. Still missing several players due to injuries, the Sea Dogs grinded out a 3-2 overtime win over the Shawinigan Cataractes on Saturday. Then on Sunday, the Dogs were pretty awful in an 8-3 loss to the Chicoutimi Sagueneens.
Other Quebec Major Junior Hockey League teams to crack this week’s top 10 were the Quebec Remparts at No. 4, Cataractes at No. 6, and the Victoriaville Tigres at No. 10.
The weekly rankings of the Canadian Hockey League’s Top 10 teams are selected by a panel of National Hockey League scouts.
Here are the BMO CHL MasterCard Top 10 Rankings for week 12:
1. London Knights (22-6-0-1)
2. Saint John Sea Dogs (25-8-0-1)
3. Tri-City Americans (22-7-0-0)
4. Quebec Remparts (23-6-2-1)
5. Plymouth Whalers (19-8-2-1)
6. Shawinigan Cataractes (20-9-2-2)
7. Kamloops Blazers (20-7-1-0)
8. Kitchener Rangers (20-8-1-0)
9. Saskatoon Blades (19-11-0-1)
10. Victoriaville Tigres (20-10-0-1)
Portland Winterhawks (20-9-1-1)
Belleville Bulls (19-9-0-0)
Edmonton Oil Kings (19-8-1-2)
In Buzzing The Net’s Dynamic Dozen this week, the Sea Dogs were ranked second as well.
Saint John has a tough weekend ahead of them. They host the Acadie-Bathurst Titan on Friday and the Halifax Mooseheads on Saturday. Then on Sunday, the Sea Dogs and Mooseheads shift cities and battle again.