Saturday, June 16, 2012

Reaction To Gallant Joining The Habs

Nathan Beaulieu spoke to the media at Montreal Canadiens summer development camp yesterday.  Not surprisingly, he was asked about the Habs hiring of Gerard Gallant.


Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien also spoke yesterday about hiring Gallant as an assistant coach.

“I’m extremely happy to have Gerard Gallant joining us – I thought he’d be the prefect guy,” Therrien said in a team release. “When I got hired, I had a few people in mind, but he was my number one choice. First of all, I have huge respect for him as a player and I respect the fact that he went to the American league, really learned to be a coach there, and ended up in the NHL as a coach. When he went back to the QMJHL, he had enormous success with the Sea Dogs.

“He’s capable of working with young kids and the kids really love to work with him,” added Therrien. “We’ve got some great young prospects and I believe that it’s really important to be able to adapt to young players. I know Gerry is going to be a great fit in that way.”

Clement Jodoin was also hired as an assistant coach. He recently coached the Hamilton Bulldogs but before that worked with Rimouski and Lewiston.

Examiner.com also has an article on Gallant joining the Canadiens’ staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment