Thursday, July 26, 2012

Paliotta: "I'll be back at Vermont in September"

A few weeks ago the Michael Paliotta rumour mill started up again after having a few months off. There were rumours back in the winter that the University of Vermont defenseman might jump ship and join the Saint John Sea Dogs. Those rumours proved not to be true and it doesn’t appear this summer’s report will come true either.

In an interview with the Westport News, Paliotta, a 19-year old Chicago Blackhawks prospects, said that he is still committed to the Hockey East school.

"For me, it doesn't really suit my game very much," he said. "I'm really happy with how things are going at Vermont. There's rumors every couple months that I'm possibly considering going there, but that's all it is, a rumor. I haven't even been in contact with them personally, and I'm not intending to go there. I'll be back at Vermont in September." 
Paliotta also said that getting an education is important to his family. He is majoring in business at Vermont. 
"Obviously, I'm getting a really good education at Vermont," he said. "I love my teammates up at school."

So, there you go. This should shoot down rumours for a few weeks at least.

The d-man is on the world junior radar. He'll be attending Team USA's evaluation camp in August.

Paliotta was selected by the Sea Dogs in the 10th round, 180th overall in the 2010 QMJHL Entry Draft.

The Westport, Connecticut native registered four goals and six assists in 30 games with the Vermont Catamounts last season. Vermont finished last in the Hockey East conference with a record of 3-23-1 and an overall record of 6-27-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment