Friday, May 2, 2014

QMJHL Final Predictions

It all comes down to this.

Only two teams remain in the hunt for the QMJHL’s President Cup – the Baie-Comeau Drakkar and the Val-d’Or Foreurs. The two kick off the league final this evening in Baie-Comeau.

It’s the second straight year that the Drakkar have appeared in the final while the Foreurs are making their first appearance since 2007. Both teams are fresh to playoff intensity as each won semi-final series that went to seven games.

Here are our picks for the final…

Kevin Chambers: These were my picks for the league final and I’m happy for both franchises for making it this far. These are two teams that struggle at times to convince players to report but showing they can win is great for both sides.

Picking a winner between these two is a tough call, and like the two semi-final series before this I am picking this to go the distance. These teams, I think, are very close.

The offense of the Foreurs or the defense of the Drakkar?

I will stick to my guns. I believed in this team for a long time this season so we'll see if they can finish!

The Drakkar to win in 7 games!

Jamie Tozer: Truly a battle of offense vs defense. The Foreurs have scored 71 goals compared to the Drakkar’s 49 but Baie-Comeau has only given up 26 compared to Val-d'Or's 47.

While offense can get a team a long way in this league, this is the stage of the campaign where defense and goaltending can decide games. I’ve liked the Drakkar all season and I’m sticking with them. Drakkar in 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment