Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chabot to make NHL debut tonight


Saint John Sea Dogs defenceman Thomas Chabot is expected to make his NHL debut tonight.

Chabot is listed as the seventh defencemen for the Ottawa Senators, who will take on the Arizona Coyotes at 8:30 p.m. at Canadian Tire Centre. The game can be seen on TSN5.
Chabot has been with the Senators all season but has not played in any of the club's previous three games.

“It’s something special for me and my family,” Chabot told the Ottawa Citizen. “Since I was five years old I’ve been saying I want to play in the NHL one day and tonight I have the chance to play my first game so it’s something special.”

Former Sea Dogs forward Mike Hoffman will be in the Ottawa lineup as well, playing on the team's top line.

According to the Sea Dogs website, Chabot "will become the 12th player – and sixth defenceman – in Sea Dogs history to play in an NHL regular season game."

Four former Sea Dogs have played in the NHL already this season - Hoffman, Charlie Coyle, Nathan Beaulieu and Simon Despres. Check out how they've performed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment