Thursday, March 9, 2017

Felixson diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma

Saint John Sea Dogs defenceman Oliver Felixson has been diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, the team announced at a press conference this morning.

Felixson will, obviously, "be out of the lineup indefinitely while seeking treatment" for the cancer.

“As I’m sure you can imagine, this news came as a complete shock to me and to my family,” Felixson said, in a statement. “The past few days have been difficult, but they have been made easier by the presence of my parents, who flew over from Finland when we received my diagnosis. I am also thankful to have the full support of the entire Sea Dogs organization, my billets, teammates, coaches and staff.”

“This news has affected everyone in the organization,” said Sea Dogs president and general manager Trevor Georgie added in a press release. “Oliver is our friend and teammate, and a member of our family. We are all with him as he meets this challenge.”

Felixson, an 18-year-old from Finland, has two goals and seven assists in his second season with Saint John.

Sea Dogs equipment manager David Kelly, who recently returned to his spot behind the team's bench after battling thyroid cancer, also spoke at the press conference.
Teams, fans, players and staff have all taken to social media to share their support for Felixson.

No comments:

Post a Comment